| Hillcrest House |
Hillcrest House is an AIDS hospice located in Oak Cliff on 834 N. Marsalis Avenue. Hillcrest House provides 64 single-room-occupancy units for individuals
with HIV/AIDS who were previously homeless and are physically disabled, senior citizens, new Americans/immigrants, developmentally impaired and/or severely or persistently mentally ill.
What We Do
Kessler Park UMC is responsible for preparing and serving dinner at Hillcrest house on the second Tuesday of every month at 6pm. This is done by various groups at the church who sign up for a specific month to serve. The schedule for the remainder of 2011 is located below.
In addition to dinner, we also collect magazines from church members and take with us to give to residents at Hillcrest House. To donate your magazines, drop them off in the bins near the choir room (middle floor, just outside Sanctuary side doors).
- Jan 10 - United Methodist Men
- Feb 14 - Prism Class (Tenative)
- Mar 13 - Youth Fellowship (Tentative)
- Apr 10 - Boy Scout Troop 5
- May 8 - Disciples (Tentative)
- Jun 12 - Page Turners (Tentative)
- Jul 10 - Les & Eva Hall (Tentative)
- Aug 14 - SMBC / Kathi Chandler
- Sep 11 - Choirs (Tentative)
- Oct 9 - Boy Scout Troop 5 (Tentative)
- Nov 13 - Youth Fellowship (Tentative)
- Dec 11 - Allstars
How to Help
If your group is interested in serving at Hillcrest House, you may read these instructions
for more details. Then contact Jeff Chandler
(214.334.8602) to sign up.